IAS PRELIM EXAM FREE STUDY MATERIAL-III
IMPORTANTÂ TOPIC FOR IAS PRE EXAM 2013
1.CCTNS project (Crime and criminal tracking network & systems)
A major step towards becoming a safer society by leveraging the benefits of technology in policing functions.Â Nationwide networking for Investigation of crime and detection of criminals
- To cover 14000 Police Stations and 6000 higher offices across the country.
- Covers 35 States/UTs
- Mission Mode Project under NeGP;
- â€œCentralizedÂ Â PlanningÂ Â andÂ Â Decentralized Implementationâ€
Benefits to Citizens
- Ability to online register complaints and grievances.
- Ability to easily report incidents related to crime and criminals.
- Provision to download various forms and initiate verification
- requests for servants, employment, tenants, senior citizen registrations etc.
- Online tracking of a requests, complaints, case status etc
- Safe and secure environment due to improved law and order situation and internal security.
- Multiple channels for interaction with police.
- General public information like Motor Vehicle Tracking System, missing persons, unidentified persons & dead bodies, advisories etc
- will be available online for reference
2.â€œNational Mission on Food Processingâ€ scheme
It was launched on 01.04.2012.Â Â The mega scheme caters to different aspects of this industry viz. modernization of food processing industries, establishing of mega food parks, integrated cold chains and preservation and modernization of abattoir.
3.The Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) scheme:
272 districts have been identified as backward across the country under the Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) scheme of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.Â Â The BRGF is designed to redress regional imbalances in developmentÂ of 272 identified backward districts. The funds provide financial resources for supplementing and converging existing developmental inflows into identified districts so as to bridge critical gaps in local infrastructure and other development requirements. As per the Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) Guidelines, the Annual Action Plans prepared by the Panchayats and Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) are consolidated into the District Plan by the District Planning Committee.Â Â Â As per the Progress Reports received in the Ministry, these funds have been utilised for developmental activities like construction ofÂ AnganwadiÂ centres,Â PanchayatÂ Ghars, roads, culverts, bridges, community halls, water supply etc.Â Â
Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative [EITI] is a globally developed standard for extraction of natural resources to promote revenue transparency at the local level. India is not a signatory to the EITI.