HCS Paper 2013
HCS Paper 2013
HCS MAIN EXAM 2011(APRIL 2013)
Political Science and International Relation
Time:3 Hours , Maximum Marks:150
Note : attempt any five questions . all questions carry equal marks . Question No. 1 is compulsory. Answer any two questions from part-1 and two questions form part-2 . the part of same question must be answered together and must not be interposed between answer to other question.
1. Write brief notes on any four of the following: (4×7.5)
(a) “palto’s Republic was more of atreaties on education than on government ’’-(Rousseau).In the light of the statement, discuss Palato’s theory of education.
(b) What do you know about the legal , political. And socio-economic dimensions of justice?
(c)Discuss the role of the electoral process in upliftment of dalits.
(d) Examine the justification behind India’s non-aligned foreign policy in the post independence period.
(E) Discuss the role of world bank in world politics.
(F) Has India’s foreign policy become more pragmatic in the recent times?
2. Examine the Marxist approach to political theory. (30)
3. What were the various dimensions of Sawraj in M.K.Ghandi’s political philosophy? (30)
4 .Bring out the common and unique features of the 73rd and 74th amendments to the constitution of India . Do you think that these amendments would contribute to the achievements of gender and social justice at the grassroots level.(30)
5. Evaluate the main aspects of classic Realism.(30)
6. How does Sino-Indian relationship operate in the complex geo-political environment of Asia? Give reason.(3o)
7. Assess the merits of India’s case against signing the CTBT.(30)